43221 Darlington, Queen Elizabeth

43221 Darlington, Queen Elizabeth

Tuesday 14 September 2010

Flat Plan Rationale

For my College magazine front cover, I have used 2 main colours against a white background. This allows the two bold colours to stand out against the background and look appealing and eye  catching to my target audience. For the mast head, I have used a  large bold 'vtsk study' font, from www.dafont.com  in a deep Purple, which signifies 'Royalty' and 'High standards' which supplements and suggests the contents in the magazine are high standard and well written. This should be an encouraging factor for students to buy the magazine, as they know they will receive quality from the low price they pay for the magazine.

For the 'Medium Close up' of the student image, showing only the waist upwards. For this image, the student's facial expression should be a slight smile, looking straight into the camera lens. Her body will be at a 45 degree angle turned away from the camera, whilst she looks directly into the lens.  The costume for the student will also be quite cheap, as is intended to look plain and individual. The student is stood with one hand over her right leg and the other behind her, to look casual and relaxed. I have decided to use a white background for my front cover, as it signifies purity and freshness. Unlike many other magazines, white is an unusual colour for a front cover background, therefore, my cover will stand out along with the bright colours I add onto it.

For my Main Sell lines, Sell lines, Sky line and Student Quote,  I will use the same 'Headlines' font, from www.dafont.com as the mass head, but in a smaller font and in a bright red colour. This contrasts well with the purple mass head and gives the magazine a young and fiery aspect, whilst also being a strong and emotional colour which jumps off the page.  This also illustrates the 'in-your-phase' technique, so it appeals and stands out to the magazines target audience. I have also used the colour red for my Article titles and page numbers on my contents page, as it signifies importance within the magazine layout.

For my last sell line, which is inside and arrow, the background colour for the arrow will be a light green colour, which yet again contrasts well with the two bright colours for the mass head and sell lines, but also symbolises freshness and intelligence, which links strongly with the feature article.

On my contents page, I have also used the Magazine mast head and sky line in the same colour as the front cover. This creates a sense of recognition for the readers through-out the magazine and will ensure the layout is well structured and looks professional.  I have used two image boxes, which photographs relating to the article features will be inserted, with red page numbers in bold  'Impact' print.
I have chosen to use a light colour for the article titles, which compliments the red article category colours and continues the same colour pallet as the front cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment