43221 Darlington, Queen Elizabeth

43221 Darlington, Queen Elizabeth

Wednesday 26 January 2011

Photography Research

Photography analysisFrom my research, I have managed to analysis a series of different photographs of bands that are of my chosen genre. From this, I am able to strategically choose which type of shots are popular and conform to the conventions of my genre, and which reinforce stereotypes which are often represented in magazines such as Kerrang and Rocksound.
View more presentations from chloespears1.
The powerpoint above provides images of a range of bands, with different amount of members, male and females and different positioning which reinforce certain stereotypes. 
From my analysis, I have found that many photographs of bands which contain lead female singers, position her in the center and in front of every other member.This represents that she is dominant over the other male members and introduces matriarchal stereotypes. Although, usually her eye line is below the rule of thirds and below those of her fellow band members, which challenges these ideologies. This could suggest she is less dominant or possible portrayed rather as a sexual icon to an young male audience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment